- Disobedient Bodies: JW Anderson Curates The Hepworth Wakefield
- Anthea Hamilton Reimagines Kettle's Yard
- Approaching Thunder: 1940s British Prints and Drawings
- György Gordon: From Hungary to Yorkshire, 1924-2005
- The Hepworth Family Gift/Hepworth at Work
- A Contemporary Collection
- Opening June 2017 - Howard Hodgkin: Painting India
- Opening October 2017 - Alina Szapocznikow
Tapestry Weaving Masterclass
Saturday 13 May – Sunday 14 May 2017, 10.30am - 4pm, £150 / Members £112.50
Learn the art of weaving with artist and designer Hannah Waldron.
After an introduction to Waldron’s practice and considering design, colour and pattern in our exhibition Disobedient Bodies: JW Anderson curates The Hepworth Wakefield, you will be guided in constructing a miniature loom from laser-cut plywood components. This loom will then be used to learn different weaving techniques, gain an understanding of materials, plan your design and create a bespoke woven artwork.
You will be given a wooden box to take both your loom and miniature tapestry home in.
Half of the allocated places are offered to Members at the discounted rate of 25% off, sold on a first come, first served basis. Become a Member.
About the tutor
Hannah Waldron is a multi-discliplinary artist and designer based in the UK. Her graphic and narrative-led image-making has been applied across a range of media from print to textiles, at both a personal and architectural scale. Finding weaving to be a process complementary to her geometric image-making, Waldron completed an MFA in Textiles at Konstfack, Sweden. In 2014 she was awarded the HAY talent award.
Previous clients and collaborators include V&A, Herman Miller, SCP, The New York Times, Arper, Paul Smith, Wallpaper, IKEA, World Of Interiors, Graphic Thought Facility, Pizza Express, GQ Italy, Wired, Hutchinson books, Unico Japan, Computer Arts, Routledge, Laurence King, Edinburgh Art festival, M&C Saatchi, London Design Guide, Shelter among others.
- 13 May 2017 - 14 May 2017