- Disobedient Bodies: JW Anderson Curates The Hepworth Wakefield
- Anthea Hamilton Reimagines Kettle's Yard
- Approaching Thunder: 1940s British Prints and Drawings
- György Gordon: From Hungary to Yorkshire, 1924-2005
- The Hepworth Family Gift/Hepworth at Work
- A Contemporary Collection
- Opening June 2017 - Howard Hodgkin: Painting India
- Opening October 2017 - Alina Szapocznikow
Pattern Cutting: Your Spring / Summer Collection
Saturday 27 May 2017, 10.30am – 4pm, £60 / £45 Members
In this workshop, artist and educator Sandra Togher will guide you in creating the basis for your own Spring/Summer 2017 wardrobe.
You will learn the principles of pattern cutting from basic blocks, which you will re-size and alter in shape and style. Togher will introduce considerations around pleats, yokes, gathers and darts.
Through this workshop you will create patterns for your own collection of garments, tailored to fit your body.
Please note; this is a pattern cutting session with no sewing, however instructions as to how to make the items will be provided. Basic experience is beneficial but not essential.
Half of the allocated places are offered to Members at the discounted rate of 25% off, sold on a first come, first served basis. Become a Member.
About the Tutor
After beginning her career in the fashion industry, before moving on to working as a secondary school teacher, Sandra Togher now owns and runs Leeds based creative studios and gallery space The Bowery, where she teaches courses to adults and children, sources artists and designers for the shop and curates the exhibition space.
- 27 May 2017