- Anthea Hamilton Reimagines Kettle's Yard
- Approaching Thunder: 1940s British Prints and Drawings
- György Gordon: From Hungary to Yorkshire, 1924-2005
- The Hepworth Family Gift/Hepworth at Work
- A Contemporary Collection
- Opening March 2017 - DISOBEDIENT BODIES: J.W.ANDERSON AT THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD
- Opening June 2017 - Howard Hodgkin: Painting India
- Opening October 2017 - Alina Szapocznikow
Jonathan Anderson in conversation with Sarah Mower
Friday 17 March 2017, 4.30pm - 6pm, followed by the exhibition private view
American Vogue’s Chief Critic Sarah Mower talks art, fashion and curating with designer Jonathan Anderson, founder of JW Anderson label and Creative Director at Loewe.
Jonathan Anderson was born in Northern Ireland in 1984 and studied menswear at the London College of Fashion. He established his label JW Anderson in 2008 with a menswear collection. In 2010 he launched a capsule collection for women, quickly achieving critical acclaim and commercial success.
JW anderson is regarded as one of London’s most forward thinking brands, with a unique design aesthetic that offers a modern interpretation of masculinity and femininity. In 2013 investment by LVMH Moet Hennessy further cemented JW Anderson’s status as a rising, new generation brand. In the same year Jonathan was appointed Creative Director of Loewe and works on both brands in tandem.
JW Anderson has evolved into an internationally renowned and award-winning brand. Awards include British Fashion Award for ‘Emerging Talent, Ready-to-Wear’ (2012), ‘The New Establishment Award’ (2013) and ‘Menswear Designer of the Year’ (2014). He was also the first designer to win both womenswear and menswear designer in the same year at the British Fashion Awards (2015).
Tickets cost £20 / £10 for Members
Tickets include a first view of the exhibition Disobedient Bodies: JW Anderson curates The Hepworth Wakefield and includes a drinks reception following the talk.
- 17 March 2017