- Disobedient Bodies: JW Anderson Curates The Hepworth Wakefield
- Anthea Hamilton Reimagines Kettle's Yard
- Approaching Thunder: 1940s British Prints and Drawings
- György Gordon: From Hungary to Yorkshire, 1924-2005
- The Hepworth Family Gift/Hepworth at Work
- A Contemporary Collection
- Opening June 2017 - Howard Hodgkin: Painting India
- Opening October 2017 - Alina Szapocznikow
James Tissot: Painting the Victorian Woman
28 March – 3 Nov 2013
Taking the much cherished painting On the Thames, 1876, from our collection as a starting point, this new collection display explored the representation of women in the work of French born artist, James Tissot (1836-1902).
The display also featured loans from Tate and several regional art galleries, and discussed the portrayal of Victorian femininity in relation to Tissot’s life-history and the contrasting roles of women in the region’s coal industry.