- Disobedient Bodies: JW Anderson Curates The Hepworth Wakefield
- Anthea Hamilton Reimagines Kettle's Yard
- Approaching Thunder: 1940s British Prints and Drawings
- György Gordon: From Hungary to Yorkshire, 1924-2005
- The Hepworth Family Gift/Hepworth at Work
- A Contemporary Collection
- Opening June 2017 - Howard Hodgkin: Painting India
- Opening October 2017 - Alina Szapocznikow
Easter Willow Weaving Sculpture Workshop
Saturday 8 April 2017, 10.30am – 4pm, £60 / Members £45
Join Leilah Vyner of Dragon Willow to learn the art of willow weaving.
You will be introduced to traditional sculptural techniques using only natural materials, stemming from ancient traditional crafts practices across the world since early civilisations.
Throughout the session you will learn skills that will enable you to experiment with future woven objects, while creating a freestanding, woven Easter chicken for indoor or outdoor use.
£60 / Members £45
Half of the allocated places are offered to Members at the discounted rate of 25% off, sold on a first come, first served basis. Become a Member.
This workshop is part of our Easter programme
About the Tutor
Leilah Vyner is a full time willow weaver and member of the Basket Makers Association, through which she has trained in the historic, mediterranean Nasa technique and worked with a range of willow weavers nationally and internationally. She runs workshops and makes commissions from her base in North Yorkshire. Her sculptures are 100% willow, with no metal or wire as a frame. She has produced commissions for Harrogate Borough Council and the Yorkshire Museum of Farming, and led a popular festive willow-weaving workshop with us at Christmas 2016.
- 08 April 2017