- Disobedient Bodies: JW Anderson Curates The Hepworth Wakefield
- Anthea Hamilton Reimagines Kettle's Yard
- Approaching Thunder: 1940s British Prints and Drawings
- György Gordon: From Hungary to Yorkshire, 1924-2005
- The Hepworth Family Gift/Hepworth at Work
- A Contemporary Collection
- Opening June 2017 - Howard Hodgkin: Painting India
- Opening October 2017 - Alina Szapocznikow
Drawing From Movement
Saturday 6 May 2017, 10.30am – 4pm, £60 / Members £45
Join artist Nichola Pemberton in exploring new approaches to drawing through movement of the body. You will work in the galleries and learning studios, using expanded or restricted movements of your own body to explore our relationship to other people and objects through drawing.
Pemberton will encourage you to consider subjective, emotional responses to the scale and mass of objects and spaces, and introduce ideas of speed, repetition, movement and gesture to the drawing process.
You will create a series of large and small scale drawings, with process and experimentation at the heart of the workshop.
£60 / Members £45
Half of the allocated places are offered to Members at the discounted rate of 25% off, sold on a first come, first served basis. Become a Member.
About the Tutor
Nichola Pemberton has thirteen years' experience of producing exhibitions and workshops for all age groups. Her work focuses on approaches to drawing, often incorporating elements of performance within the drawing process, and video in its presentation. Her previous drawings have been produced whilst trampolining, cartwheeling and standing in front of a wind machine. She has exhibited at Project Space Leeds, The National Glass Centre and Bloc Projects, and has produced workshops for Darts, Doncaster; East Street Arts, Leeds; Leeds Art Gallery; West Yorkshire Playhouse, Leeds and The Hepworth Wakefield.
- 06 May 2017