- Caro in Yorkshire
- Magali Reus: Particle of Inch
- Des Hughes: Stretch Out and Wait
- A Greater Freedom: Hepworth 1965 - 1975
- Hepworth In Yorkshire
- Plasters: Casts and Copies
- Sculpting the Line: British Sculptors as Printmakers
- The Hepworth Family Gift/Hepworth at Work
- Coming Soon: Enrico David
- Coming Soon: Wild Girl: Gertrude Hermes
ARTIST ROOMS: RICHARD LONG
23 June - 14 Oct 2012
The Hepworth Wakefield presented an exhibition by Richard Long, one of Britain’s most significant artists. Extending the gallery’s continuing interest in debating the relationship between art and the rural and industrial landscape, the exhibition consisted of works from the collection of Anthony d’Offay and loans from Tate and the National Museum of Wales as well as two new site-specific commissions for The Hepworth inspired by Wakefield’s locality on the banks of the River Calder.
ARTIST ROOMS On Tour with the Art Fund is an inspired partnership that enables Tate and the National Galleries of Scotland to display this new national collection throughout the UK. Established by Anthony d’Offay, the guiding principle for the creation of ARTIST ROOMS was the concept of individual rooms devoted to particular artists. This programme of touring exhibitions fulfils d’Offay’s vision for this extraordinary collection: that it should be shared nationwide with a particular emphasis on inspiring young people.