- The winner of the Hepworth Prize for Sculpture People's Choice Award
- Wonderful Start to 2017 as Wakefield Cultural Consortium awarded £223,000 from Arts Council England
- Helen Marten wins the first Hepworth Prize for Sculpture
- Famous Hepworth Sculpture takes a Trinity Walk
- The Hepworth Riverside Gallery Garden
Visit Britainís Coolest Art Gallery This Summer
The Hepworth Wakefield has been celebrated as Britain’s Coolest Art Gallery in MSN Travel’s Top 10 British hotspots and hip hangouts to visit this summer.
Even before the doors opened in May, the critically acclaimed architecture and cutting-edge construction by David Chipperfield Architects secured its first accolade by winning the award for Culture at the prestigious Condť Nast Traveller Innovation & Design Awards 2011.
But crucially the public are voting with their feet with The Hepworth Wakefield welcoming over 137,000 visitors since it opened just eight weeks ago.