- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
- The winner of the Hepworth Prize for Sculpture People's Choice Award
- Wonderful Start to 2017 as Wakefield Cultural Consortium awarded £223,000 from Arts Council England
UK CULTURE MINISTER ED VAIZEY MAKES FIRST VISIT TO YORKSHIRE’S MAJOR ART GALLERY
Britain’s Culture Minister Ed Vaizey visited The Hepworth Wakefield on Tuesday 17 September as part of a programme of official visits to cultural organisations in the north of England.
Simon Wallis, Director and Frances Guy, Head of Collection and Exhibitions accompanied the Culture Minister during his tour of The Hepworth Wakefield’s collection displays, William Scott and Haroon Mirza exhibitions and the gallery’s new contemporary art space, The Calder. The Culture Minister also met local schoolchildren from St Mary’s Primary School in the gallery’s Learning Studios as they enjoyed a workshop.
Simon Wallis, Director of The Hepworth Wakefield said: “The visit was an excellent opportunity for the Culture Minister to see for himself the ambition and success of Wakefield's cultural offer led by Wakefield Council, and how it contributes to cultural tourism and education in the region.”
Culture Minister Ed Vaizey said: “It was a real pleasure to visit The Hepworth Wakefield, and to see for myself how it celebrates the area’s historic artistic roots. It makes an enormous contribution to the cultural landscape of Wakefield and along with the recently opened contemporary art space, The Calder, The Hepworth Wakefield has cemented its place as one of our major regional galleries.”