- Famous Hepworth Sculpture takes a Trinity Walk
- The Hepworth Riverside Gallery Garden
- The Hepworth Wakefield is awarded £126,674 from the Arts Council England
- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD AND PHILLIPS PRESENT ONE OF THE LARGEST EXHIBITIONS OF LATE WORKS BY BARBARA HEPWORTH IN 41 YEARS
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates its 5th Birthday
THW Shortlisted for the Art Fund Prize 2012
The Hepworth Wakefield has become one of Britain’s most successful art galleries since it opened on 21 May 2011 and is preparing for a bumper birthday celebration this weekend, 19-20 May.
The gallery has recently welcomed its 500,000th visitor (on 12 May, more than a week away from its first birthday) and been announced as one of only four finalists shortlisted to win the coveted £100,000 Art Fund Prize and become ‘museum of the year’.
The Chair of Judges of the Art Fund Prize, Lord Smith of Finsbury, said: “This wonderful new gallery has completely transformed the physical and cultural landscape of Wakefield and the wider region. So much more than just a stunning architectural achievement, the displays of the museum’s permanent collections and the quality of its contemporary art programme are equally commendable. It’s clearly one of the success stories of the museum world in the past twelve months, but whether it can beat off stiff competition from the other three outstanding contenders remains to be seen.”
The winner will be announced on Tuesday 19 June.
Show your support...
By following @HepworthGallery on Twitter and using the hashtag #hepworthinspires
By adding a Twibbon to your Twitter and Facebook profile