- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD ANNOUNCED AS FINALIST FOR ART FUND MUSEUM OF THE YEAR
- David Storey, 1933 - 2017
- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
The Association for Cultural Enterprise Best Product Awards took place on the evening of 14 March 2017, following a Gala Dinner at the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh.
The Hepworth Wakefield were finalists in two categories:
- Best Range for our rhubarb related products which accompanied the exhibition Martin Parr: The Rhubarb Triangle and Other Stories in 2016.
- Best Exhibition Catalogue for our Martin Parr exhibition catalogue.
All finalists had their shortlisted products on display at Edinburgh Corn Exchange before the dinner, during this year’s ACE Convention & Trade Show.
Beating off stiff competition from National Theatre, Museum of London, National Trust, Derby Museum and Sir John Soane’s Museum, we were delighted to be awarded Best Range. Later in the night, we were even more elated when we were awarded Best Overall Winner, voted for by convention attendees.
Our winning product line included specially commissioned rhubarb-related products to accompany our major Martin Parr exhibition which featured a new series of photographs capturing all aspects of the rhubarb business in an area known as ‘The Rhubarb Triangle’ between Wakefield, Morley and Rothwell.
THE WINNING PRODUCT RANGE
Rhubarb Beer produced by West Yorkshire’s award-winning Ossett Brewery, Rhubarb Tea, Yorkshire Rhubarb Print designed by WitShop, Rhubarb recipe notecards, Rhubarb napkin set, Rhubarb Tea Towels and Martin Parr exhibition poster, zine and catalogue.
ACE promotes commercial best practice in the cultural and heritage sector by providing training and networking opportunities and facilitating the sharing of information and experience between their members.
Image: The Hepworth Wakefield’s Rachel Crewes, Head of Business Development and Rosie Ripley Retail Manager with their awards