- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
- The winner of the Hepworth Prize for Sculpture People's Choice Award
- Wonderful Start to 2017 as Wakefield Cultural Consortium awarded £223,000 from Arts Council England
The Hepworth Wakefield launches beer with Ossett Brewery
The Hepworth Wakefield has teamed up with West Yorkshire’s award-winning Ossett Brewery to create a bespoke beer, to celebrate the launch of the UK’s inspiring new art gallery, which opens on 21 May 2011.
Paul Spencer, Head Brewer was tasked with the challenge of producing a one-off beer to reflect the gallery Directors’ favourite ales. Paul says:
“Using the finest quality English grown barley and wheat malts, we’ve created a special golden, citrus-infused ale with a slight sweetness to reflect Simon’s love of pale and fruity beers. I think the name of the beer, Masterpiece, is very fitting!”
‘Masterpiece’ is now available as a guest beer at over 60 outlets in and around Yorkshire, including 16 Ossett Brewery outlets and The Hop in Wakefield and Leeds. The Ossett/Hepworth beer will be entered into the SIBA national beer competition and will hopefully to take its place alongside Ossett’s many other award-winning ales.
Mike Heaton, drummer for Embrace and co-owner of The Hop says:
“I’m really looking forward to the opening of The Hepworth. It’s great to see an art gallery getting creative and working with local companies to produce fresh ideas like Masterpiece. I’m sure it will go down well with our regulars at The Hop.”