- Helen Marten wins the first Hepworth Prize for Sculpture
- Famous Hepworth Sculpture takes a Trinity Walk
- The Hepworth Riverside Gallery Garden
- The Hepworth Wakefield is awarded £126,674 from the Arts Council England
- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD AND PHILLIPS PRESENT ONE OF THE LARGEST EXHIBITIONS OF LATE WORKS BY BARBARA HEPWORTH IN 41 YEARS
The Hepworth Wakefield launches beer with Ossett Brewery
The Hepworth Wakefield has teamed up with West Yorkshire’s award-winning Ossett Brewery to create a bespoke beer, to celebrate the launch of the UK’s inspiring new art gallery, which opens on 21 May 2011.
Paul Spencer, Head Brewer was tasked with the challenge of producing a one-off beer to reflect the gallery Directors’ favourite ales. Paul says:
“Using the finest quality English grown barley and wheat malts, we’ve created a special golden, citrus-infused ale with a slight sweetness to reflect Simon’s love of pale and fruity beers. I think the name of the beer, Masterpiece, is very fitting!”
‘Masterpiece’ is now available as a guest beer at over 60 outlets in and around Yorkshire, including 16 Ossett Brewery outlets and The Hop in Wakefield and Leeds. The Ossett/Hepworth beer will be entered into the SIBA national beer competition and will hopefully to take its place alongside Ossett’s many other award-winning ales.
Mike Heaton, drummer for Embrace and co-owner of The Hop says:
“I’m really looking forward to the opening of The Hepworth. It’s great to see an art gallery getting creative and working with local companies to produce fresh ideas like Masterpiece. I’m sure it will go down well with our regulars at The Hop.”