- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
- The winner of the Hepworth Prize for Sculpture People's Choice Award
- Wonderful Start to 2017 as Wakefield Cultural Consortium awarded £223,000 from Arts Council England
Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
We are deeply saddened to hear of the death of Howard Hodgkin. He was one of the most important artists of our time. It has been a huge privilege and pleasure for The Hepworth Wakefield to work so closely with him in preparation for our forthcoming exhibition of his work.
We are enormously grateful for Howard's generosity with his time and his enthusiasm. We are proud to be realising an exhibition about the influence of India on his work, a place that he was so passionate about, and from which he drew such inspiration throughout his life. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time. His passing is a huge loss to us all.
Photo of Howard Hodgkin in his Mumbai studio by Prakash Rao, Feb 2016.