- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD ANNOUNCED AS FINALIST FOR ART FUND MUSEUM OF THE YEAR
- David Storey, 1933 - 2017
- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
IT'S OFF THE SCALE(S) AT THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD
Goldfish, rabbits, cats, dogs, a family of 20 and visitors from across the UK, France, Italy and Germany line up to have their portrait taken by world renowned photographer Martin Parr in Pop-Up Studio
On 4 February, The Hepworth Wakefield opens a major photography exhibition by internationally-renowned British photographer Martin Parr. It will comprise nearly 400 photographs taken over four decades and a specially commissioned series of photographs detailing the Rhubarb Triangle.
To coincide with the exhibition The Hepworth Wakefield is hosting a special Pop-Up Photography Studio on 20 February, 10am-6pm, during which people can have their portrait taken by Martin Parr. This event has attracted over 60 bookings, with visitors from as far as France, Italy and Germany making the journey to Wakefield in the New Year.
Simon Wallis OBE, Director of The Hepworth Wakefield said: “We’ve had an amazing response. People have really seized the opportunity to have their photograph taken by one of the world’s leading photographers. We’re looking forward to welcoming visitors from across Europe for this special event and showcasing the best of Wakefield and Yorkshire.”
As well as overseas visitors, the gallery will be host to a Wakefield family of three generations, an extended family group of 20, plus a menagerie of domestic pets, including cats, dogs, a rabbit and even a goldfish.