- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
- The winner of the Hepworth Prize for Sculpture People's Choice Award
- Wonderful Start to 2017 as Wakefield Cultural Consortium awarded £223,000 from Arts Council England
New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
Photographer Jamie Hawkesworth, described by Dazed as "one of the most visionary fashion photographers working today” and who has collaborated with international fashion brands including JW Anderson, Alexander McQueen and Miu Miu worked with 123 Yorkshire school children as part of The Hepworth Wakefield’s new exhibition Disobedient Bodies: JW Anderson curates The Hepworth Wakefield.
The Hepworth Wakefield invited pupils from three Yorkshire schools – Wakefield College; Cundall Manor and Hemsworth Arts & Community Academy to be photographed in the gallery by the internationally renowned photographer wearing fashion pieces from the forthcoming exhibition.
A selection of the photographs will be shown in the exhibition and reproduced in the publication that accompanies it, published by InOtherWords.
Sarah Squires, Course Lecturer, Wakefield College, said: “Staff and students had an amazing morning and we are grateful for this opportunity. The students have been so inspired. Jamie and his team and everyone at The Hepworth made us feel so welcome, giving the shyest and most unconfident students the biggest confidence boost. Every single student took away something rewarding from the morning at The Hepworth, it was an excellent experience for them to not only see a fashion shoot by an internationally renowned photographer take place, but to actually be part of it.”