- The Hepworth Riverside Gallery Garden
- The Hepworth Wakefield is awarded £126,674 from the Arts Council England
- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD AND PHILLIPS PRESENT ONE OF THE LARGEST EXHIBITIONS OF LATE WORKS BY BARBARA HEPWORTH IN 41 YEARS
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates its 5th Birthday
- The Hepworth Wakefield announces the four shortlisted artists and judging panel for the UK’s first prize for sculpture
National Volunteers' Week
National Volunteers' Week is an annual event which takes place between the 1 – 7 June. It celebrates the fantastic contribution that millions of volunteers make across the UK which includes our very own volunteers here at The Hepworth Wakefield and we would like to say thank you.
The team of volunteers at the gallery take part in a wide variety of roles, from invigilating the exhibitions to assisting with the many learning workshops that take place. They contribute to the daily life and success of the gallery whilst getting something valuable back in terms of skills, experience, connections and a rewarding opportunity.
'Our volunteers have been a crucial part of the gallery's success to date. These dedicated people who volunteer their time, enthusiasm and support to an inspiring range of activities and roles have been central to creating a welcoming, accessible, atmosphere for all our visitors. Our volunteers enable us to do so much more than would otherwise ever be possible as an institution. They are also as a group some of our most powerful advocates in helping us build new audiences and encouraging philanthropic gifts and investments from new stakeholders. I'm very proud of the part they play in the life of the gallery and honoured to have the benefit of their experience, interests and energy.'
Simon Wallis, Director
Volunteering at The Hepworth Wakefield is a great way to have fun, meet new friends, gain new skills and contribute to the local community. We currently have a range of volunteering opportunites available, find out more and get involved.