- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
- The winner of the Hepworth Prize for Sculpture People's Choice Award
- Wonderful Start to 2017 as Wakefield Cultural Consortium awarded £223,000 from Arts Council England
MY SECRET WAKEFIELD: PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION
Schools and Colleges across Wakefield are invited to take part in our Photography Competition for 3-18 year olds.
Winning entries will be exhibited at The Hepworth Wakefield as part of our 5th Anniversary Celebrations.
'MY SECRET WAKEFIELD' PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION†
The 'My Secret Wakefield' photography competition marks the opening of a major new exhibition by internationally renowned photographer Martin Parr at The Hepworth Wakefield. The Rhubarb Triangle & Other Stories opens to the public on 4 February - 12 June 2016 and will be the largest Martin Parr exhibition in the UK since his for nearly 15 years, with nearly 400 photographs that span the past 40 years on display.
The Wakefield district competition is open to school and college pupils from the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to Year 13 (aged 3-18 years old) to explore the theme ‘My Secret Wakefield’.†
An overall winner of the competition will be selected by renowned photographer Martin Parr, with members of the visiting public casting votes to select winning entries for each category. Prizes will be presented to the overall winner, category winners and runners up, with an extra prize being awarded to the overall winner’s school.†
CLOSING DATE: Schools that would like to take part must register their interest by Friday 15 February at 10am.†
Please contact the Learning Team on 01924 247398 or email email@example.com to find out more.