- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD ANNOUNCED AS FINALIST FOR ART FUND MUSEUM OF THE YEAR
- David Storey, 1933 - 2017
- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
The Hepworth long-listed for Stirling Prize
The Hepworth Wakefield has won RIBA Yorkshire Building of the Year, and has been long-listed for the Stirling Prize, the annual building of the year award. The gallery will face competition from other award winners, including Turner Contemporary in Margate, designed by Sir David Chipperfield, the new Lyric Theatre, in Belfast, designed by O'Donnell and Tuomey, and the 80,000-seat Olympic stadium in east London. The winner of the Stirling prize will be announced on 13 October in Manchester.
Director, Simon Wallis said: “we are delighted to reach this exciting stage in this extremely prestigious award recognising the very best in architectural achievements. David Chipperfield Architects have created a fitting home for Wakefield’s Permanent Art Collection and the Hepworth Family Gift. The light-filled spaces provide an inspiring place for everyone to enjoy art, sculpture and architecture in the city Barbara Hepworth was born and grew up”.