- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD ANNOUNCED AS FINALIST FOR ART FUND MUSEUM OF THE YEAR
- David Storey, 1933 - 2017
- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
Architecture Award Nomination
The Hepworth Wakefield has been nominated for the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture – Mies van der Rohe Award 2013.
Candidates for the Prize represent a major contribution to the development of new ideas and technologies, and are put forward by a broad group of independent experts from all over Europe.
Since being nominated for the prize, The Hepworth Wakefield have submitted background information and supporting images for Phase I of the process. Phase II involves providing extensive documentation for a jury meeting.
The jury will select two works: one that receives the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture in recognition of its conceptual, technical and constructional qualities, and the other that receives the Emerging Architect Special Mention. The jury also selects a set of finalist works to be included in both the Award catalogue and exhibition.
The award will be announced next year. The Prize is co-funded by the EU Culture Programme and the Fundació Mies van der Rohe in Barcelona.