- The Hepworth Riverside Gallery Garden
- The Hepworth Wakefield is awarded £126,674 from the Arts Council England
- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD AND PHILLIPS PRESENT ONE OF THE LARGEST EXHIBITIONS OF LATE WORKS BY BARBARA HEPWORTH IN 41 YEARS
- The Hepworth Wakefield celebrates its 5th Birthday
- The Hepworth Wakefield announces the four shortlisted artists and judging panel for the UK’s first prize for sculpture
Architecture Award Nomination
The Hepworth Wakefield has been nominated for the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture – Mies van der Rohe Award 2013.
Candidates for the Prize represent a major contribution to the development of new ideas and technologies, and are put forward by a broad group of independent experts from all over Europe.
Since being nominated for the prize, The Hepworth Wakefield have submitted background information and supporting images for Phase I of the process. Phase II involves providing extensive documentation for a jury meeting.
The jury will select two works: one that receives the European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture in recognition of its conceptual, technical and constructional qualities, and the other that receives the Emerging Architect Special Mention. The jury also selects a set of finalist works to be included in both the Award catalogue and exhibition.
The award will be announced next year. The Prize is co-funded by the EU Culture Programme and the Fundació Mies van der Rohe in Barcelona.