- Helen Marten wins the first Hepworth Prize for Sculpture
- Famous Hepworth Sculpture takes a Trinity Walk
- The Hepworth Riverside Gallery Garden
- The Hepworth Wakefield is awarded £126,674 from the Arts Council England
- THE HEPWORTH WAKEFIELD AND PHILLIPS PRESENT ONE OF THE LARGEST EXHIBITIONS OF LATE WORKS BY BARBARA HEPWORTH IN 41 YEARS
The Hepworth Wakefield opens to thousands of visitors
The Hepworth Wakefield opened it’s doors to thousands of visitors yesterday. Officially opened by local school children and Councillor Peter Box at 11am on Saturday 21 May, the gallery welcomed 8,500 visitors in its first day alone.
A packed programme of events marked the opening weekend of the largest gallery outside of London, including performances from local brass bands, family activities with Faceless and Handmade Parade, dance by Leeds Met, music by local musicians, beer tasting by Ossett Brewery, entertainment from Yew Tree Youth Theatre and special performances from Opera North.