- New exhibition features photographs of Yorkshire school children wearing fashion pieces by designers including Issey Miyake and Vivienne Westwood
- The Hepworth Wakefield win at ACE Best Product Awards 2017
- Statement from The Hepworth Wakefield on the death of Howard Hodgkin
- The winner of the Hepworth Prize for Sculpture People's Choice Award
- Wonderful Start to 2017 as Wakefield Cultural Consortium awarded £223,000 from Arts Council England
The Hepworth Wakefield opens to thousands of visitors
The Hepworth Wakefield opened it’s doors to thousands of visitors yesterday. Officially opened by local school children and Councillor Peter Box at 11am on Saturday 21 May, the gallery welcomed 8,500 visitors in its first day alone.
A packed programme of events marked the opening weekend of the largest gallery outside of London, including performances from local brass bands, family activities with Faceless and Handmade Parade, dance by Leeds Met, music by local musicians, beer tasting by Ossett Brewery, entertainment from Yew Tree Youth Theatre and special performances from Opera North.