The Hepworth Wakefield opened in 2011 to public and critical acclaim.† The gallery brings together work from Wakefield’s art collection, exhibitions by contemporary artists and rarely seen works by Barbara Hepworth.†
Head of Finance
Full Time - 37 Hours Per Week
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
25 days annual leave + statutory holidays†
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified Head of Finance with drive and determination, who can lead and develop the finance function following a period of organisational change. The role will work at both strategic and operational levels, ensuring that all aspects of the gallery’s financial functionality are effectively delivered. This role will suit a candidate who is a dedicated, innovative self-starter who is currently a Head of Finance (HoF), Financial Controller (FC), Finance Manager or Finance Business Partner looking for a fresh challenge within a leading arts organisation.†
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE HEAD OF FINANCE INCLUDE:
– Producing consolidated management accounts including commentary, variance analysis and KPI reporting alongside budget preparation and supporting budget holders with forecasts
– Producing financial reports for the Board of Trustees and the Trading Board
– Managing funds and producing reports for funders as required
– Implementing robust financial controls and processes, preparing statutory accounts and managing the year-end audit
– Leading and developing the finance team and managing internal and external relationships
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE:
– Qualified accountant, ACA, CIMA or ACCA with experience of operating at a similar level
– Charity or social enterprise finance management experience or an appreciation of the sector
– Delivering financial reports to tight deadlines and improving financial processes
– Proven track record of managing relationships and developing a small team
– Strong ICT skills including Excel and accounting software applications
Applications can only be submitted on our application form.† Please click the links at the top right of the screen to see further information. Please note, we do not accept CVs.
Completed applications should be sent to†email@example.com.
No agencies please.
Deadline for applications is†5pm on Friday 30†September 2016. Interviews will be held Monday 17 October 2016.